So now that you’ve created the perfect playlist for your road trip, you’re halfway there! All you have left to do now is pack… EEK! Easier said than done, you say? As always, we’ve got you covered with the five things that you absolutely cannot forget to toss in your suitcase.
1. Denim, Denim, Denim (Don’t hate us because of the Jersey Shore reference- we had to!) If you haven’t noticed, we’re a little obsessed with denim around these parts. Packing denim for a summertime road trip means endless possibilities. You’ll want to pack a pair of super comfy skinnies for the drive, but don’t leave your rugged cutoffs at home. If you don’t throw these babies in your bag, you’ll be sorry. There’s nothing that screams laissez-faire, bohemian lifestyle more than destroyed denim.
2. Layers You’ve scored the coveted window seat after a rest stop somewhere in Texas, and suddenly you find yourself sweating. Then, you fall asleep and wake up to find that you’re in the middle of the desert and temps have seriously dropped. This is why we pack layers. Toss a zip-up into your bag to settle the score between tank top and sweater weather. Personally, we’re obsessed with this badass bomber sweater to ease the overall temperature situation and make sure that you look totally rad at all times.
3. Plethora of Sunnies It’s common knowledge in the world of a fashionista that sunglasses are the icing on the cake of the perfect outfit. That being said, you wouldn’t top an ice cream cake with cream cheese frosting or top a fruitcake with Funfetti, would you? Of course you wouldn’t! So you should treat your eyewear the same way. Pack at least three different styles of shades to be prepared for any fashion occasion. Aviators and wayfarers are oh-so road trip chic, but we love oversized ombre styles like these too.
4. The Perfect Summer Shoe To cork wedge or not to cork wedge? Do you stick with sandals or slip into moccasins? Stilettos for nighttime mingling, or Ugg it out? The answer? We have no idea! While we’d love to tell you to pack all of them, we understand that trunk space is limited. So depending on the level of exotic lands that your travels take you to, we recommend only packing two pairs of footwear. The first pair should be comfortable enough to sleep in, and the second pair should doll you up enough to score a drive-by cutie at a local bar somewhere off the beaten path. #SWOON
5. Hand Sanitizer This item was mandatory for obvious reasons. You’ll thank us when you arrive at your destination disease free! Good luck and safe travels wherever your endless open road takes you!